Tuesday, June 5, 2007

How could he DO that?!

Those of you who have followed the somewhat amusing story of the Anglican Communion Institute on the House of Bishops and Deputies list (HoB/D) will recall that, as a result of the Grace and St. Stephen's debacle in the Episcopal Diocese of Colorado, the A.C.I. was revealed as "three guys and a computer"!

So much for "Senior Fellow" and all the other fancy titles.

You will also remember the 'tongue-in-cheek' competition I ran for the name of a new "Institute" that was to consist of but one member (yours truly) who would be President, Vice-President, Senior Fellow, Junior Fellow, Chief-cook-and-bottle-washer, and Janitor Emeritus! I am, after all, "one guy with three computers", so this grandiose scheme seemed entirely appropriate - mirroring, in fact, the same grandiosity of the "Anglican Communion Institute".

The result was (of course!) that I had to adopt a name that I came up with, rejecting all the many wonderful suggestions, because - well - "its all about me"!

"THe Institute" was the result. "TH" for "Taber-Hamilton" and simply add an "e": "Taber-Hamilton Institute" or "THe Institute" for short. No doubt many conservative pixies immediately ran out to grab the domain-name to prevent such a whimsical creation from ever seeing the light of day! This would be, of course, to miss the point that there is real humor in satire (While nitpickers might note that the name should really be "The THe Institute" it would be inconsistent of me to listen because - well - "its all about me").

Then I had to register with "blogger" to post a note about that wonderful man, Bishop Jim Kelsey, may he rest in peace and rise in glory, whose life was so tragically cut short in an auto accident on Sunday in the UP of Michigan. The result of registering was an immediate invitation from "Blogger" to create a blog and, well, "the rest is history"!

So then I had to select a name! What better than to use the same principle: "TH" for "Taber-Hamilton" and simply add an "e" and call it "THe Blog"?!

All of which is, no doubt, self-justification for an inflated ego (no doubt those same conservative pixies are now rushing off in glee to quote me - "permission denied"!). I can already hear the cries: "How could he DO that?!" The answer is, of course, quite simple - its always "all about me"!

So here it is - a new blog presented for your amusement - enjoy!

3 comments:

Tom said...

I do believe you should appoint Bonnie and Dougal to your Board of Directors.

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

I'm delighted to have your company in the blogosphere.

A word of caution: the air here is very addictive. I've been at this a year - only started because of General Convention.

Well, 100,000 posts and responses later . . . .

Welcome!

David said...

Welcome, Fr. Nigel! I'll be adding you to my list-o-links on my own bog :)

Best regards,

that "David" who occasionally writes as a HoB/D kibitzer from Dallas